What kind of battery is good for solar street lights?
Now the world is adopting green energy, and solar street lights are the most widely used. Batteries are the main equipment of solar street lamps. At present, the batteries used in solar street lamps mainly include lead-acid batteries, colloidal batteries, ternary lithium batteries, and lithium iron phosphate batteries. So which battery is the best for solar street lamps?
First, let's take a look at the characteristics of these types of solar cells:
1. Lead-acid battery: The plate of lead-acid battery is composed of lead and lead oxides, and the electrolyte is an aqueous solution of sulfuric acid. Its main advantages are stable voltage and cheap price; the disadvantage is low specific energy (that is, the electric energy stored per kilogram of battery), so the volume is relatively large, the service life is short about 300-500 deep cycles, and the daily maintenance is frequent. At present, solar street lights Industry is still heavily used.
2. Gel battery: It is actually an upgraded maintenance-free version of lead-acid battery. It replaces sulfuric acid electrolyte with colloidal electrolyte, which is better than ordinary batteries in terms of safety, storage capacity, discharge performance and service life. Improvement, the price is even higher than the ternary lithium battery. It can be used in the temperature range of -40℃--65℃, especially the low temperature performance is good, suitable for the northern alpine region. It has good seismic performance and can be used safely in various harsh environments. The service life is about double that of ordinary lead-acid batteries.
3. Ternary lithium battery: high specific energy, small size, fast charging and high price. The number of deep cycles of the ternary lithium battery is about 500-800 times, the life span is about 1 times longer than that of the lead-acid battery, and the temperature range is -15℃-45℃. But the disadvantage is that it is not stable, and the ternary lithium battery of unqualified manufacturers may explode or catch fire when it is overcharged or the temperature is too high.
4. Lithium iron phosphate battery: high specific energy, small size, fast charging, long service life, good stability, and of course the highest price. The number of deep cycle charging is about 1500-2000 times, the service life is long, generally reaching 8-10 years, the stability is strong, the operating temperature range is wide, and it can be used at -40℃-70℃.
To sum up, it is of course best to use lithium iron phosphate batteries for solar street lights, but the price is higher. At present, solar street lights on the market use lithium iron phosphate batteries with reasonable prices. The usage of this product is lithium iron phosphate batteries with a lifespan of up to 10 years, and the price is very attractive.
The role of the special battery for solar street lights in solar street lights is unquestionable, and the rationality of the battery capacity configuration directly determines the use effect of solar street lights. Let's first understand the working principle of solar street lights: solar street lights are composed of 5 parts, including solar panels, LED light sources, special solar batteries, controllers, solar panels absorb solar light, convert light energy into electrical energy, and control The control of the device is stored in the solar battery. When lighting at night, the controller controls the solar battery to supply power to the LED light source according to the settings of the light control and time control.
The capacity of the solar street light battery is very important to ensure continuous power supply. The amount of electricity generated by solar panels varies greatly from month to month within a year. In the months when the power generation of the solar panel cannot meet the electricity demand, it must be supplemented by the electric energy of the battery; in the month when the electricity demand is exceeded, the excess electricity is stored by the battery.
Calculation of battery capacity of solar street lights (taking 24V40W solar street lights as an example)
1. LED light, single channel, 40W, 24V system.
2. The local average daily effective light is calculated as 4h.
3. The daily discharge time is 10 hours. (Take 7:00 pm to 5:00 am as an example) through the controller to discharge at night, adjust the power of the LED lights in different time periods, and reduce the total power consumption. The actual calculation is based on the daily discharge of 7 hours.
(Example 1: 100% power from 7:00pm to 11:00pm, 50% power from 11:00pm to 5:00am. Total: 7h)
(Example 2: 7:00-10:30 is 100%, 10:30-4:30 is 50%, 4:30-5:00 is 100%)
4. The solar street light can be used for 5 days in continuous rainy days (plus the electricity consumption of the night before the rainy days, 6 days in total).
Calculated battery=1.67A×7h×(5+1) days
20% capacity is reserved for charging and discharging the solar street light battery; the actual current of the street light is above 2A (plus 20% loss, including constant current source, line loss, etc.).
Therefore, the actual battery demand = 70AH plus 20% reserved capacity, plus 20% loss
The actual battery is 24V/105AH, and the single battery is generally 12V, so it is necessary to mix 2 12V100AH or 2 12V120AH solar street light batteries in series to form a battery pack to supply power for solar street lights.
After the above reasonable calculation, it is concluded that the solar battery capacity configuration can meet the lighting time and lighting effect of solar street lamps. Contact enerart to choose high-quality solar street light batteries. We not only provide solar street light batteries, but also solar lighting equipment such as solar street lights, solar flood lights and so on.